Thursday, October 14, 2010

Dividing space inspiration

I was looking on thecoolhunter.com for inspiration on how to divide up spaces in an interesting way. Because my space is so large with many different components I want my concept of 'fragmented geometry' to run through all aspects of the design and dividing up spaces is a big part of this. What I like about the designs below is that they don't shut off spaces from each other but divide them and leaves little peek-a-boo elements to the dividers, which is something I would like to include in my design. I.  especially feel this element is important to include in my studio because as a designer I strongly believe that no element of design happens in isolation but that there are a huge number of influences and layers involved in the design process, so for my studio to reflect this idea of 'integration' is very important




the stairway is what I am interested in here, the skeletal effect.

I like how the wood has spacing between it so you can still see through the division.

I like the louvred design behind the windows for the same reason above, of seeing through.

Focused on the left hand image, I like the peek-a-boo effect working on a horizontal basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment